Week 3: Korean Lessons



So what have I learned this week in my Korean language class?

This week it's all about DIALOGUE! 


We had a fixed piece of text and we learned various words to substitute them into the sentence. For example, we already know how to say 저는(한국말)잘못해요 (I do not speak Korean well) so we can replace the '한국말' part with other languages. The different languages we learned in class were 영어 (English) , 네덜란드어 (Dutch), 풀랑스어 (French) , 독일어 (German). We can also ask someone if they know how to speak a certain language '(__) 하세요?' .

Example dialogue we practiced;

풀랑스어하세요?
저는풀랑스어잘못해요

In this situation, I asked, "Do you speak French", and the reply was "I do not speak French well".

There is a difference between being able to speak a language although not well, and not being able to speak it at all. This difference is due to the 잘, adding (잘)못해요  into the sentence makes it understood that someone does speak a language but not well. If it was just 못해요 it would mean that someone does not speak the language at all.




I would say this week was a little more intense in terms of vocabulary so I really need to brush up on my speaking and pronunciation to prepare for next time.

Thanks for reading!


Sincerely,
Siree

Popular Posts