Movie Review: Beauty Inside (뷰티 인사이드)


One of my favorite things to do on a rainy day is to curl up on my couch and watch a Korean movie. I don't know why I end up watching Korean movies rather than English movies but I just enjoy their acting and storylines more. I feel like some American-produced movies are just filled with too much action now and are profit orientated. Anyways, the movie I picked out for this is called Beauty Inside (뷰티 인사이드)  which stars Han Hyo Joo (one of my favorite actresses for her role in Always (2012) and the drama series W Two Worlds). The storyline of the movie  revolves around a independent furniture maker man named Woo Jin who wakes up to a different appearance everyday; sometimes a man, woman, child, grandpa, grandma, korean, foreigner etc. On good days, he has a handsome face and on other days he is a grandpa with eyesight problems. Therefore, many many actors and actresses were featured in the film as well and played one of Woo jin's various appearances. One day Woo jin meets a sales woman for a furniture company played by Han Hyo Joo and for once, he feels a connection with her and wants to continue to meet her. But with his appearance changing everyday, it's hard to be himself around her. He can't introduce himself to her friends/coworkers or family members. Eventually, Woo jin decides it's best if he leaves her for a while and he moves to a European country. In the end, Han Hyo Joo goes abroad to find him and while Woo jin first doesn't acknowledge her and pretends to hide his real identity, Han Hyo Joo puts her arms around him and it's a way of showing that she has come to terms with his changing differences.

I love Han Hyo Joo in general but I love the way she portrayed her role and feelings in this movie. To express that confusion and hurt by not being able to recognize Woo jin by appearance and dealing with her friends thinking that she's dating a different man everyday.

I totally recommend Beauty Inside for fans of romantic comedy! In the end, it's not about visual appearance but the inner attributes of a person that you should love. 

 Han Hyo Joo with the different versions of Woo jin 


As always, I hope you enjoyed reading :)

Sincerely,
Siree

Popular Posts